Sunday, April 16, 2006

roller doll

I've finally made a doll, all the way through. It's been a while since I've done that. Though I've started many.

This one is a rollergirl doll that I donated to a raffle for a local fundraiser. She was meant to be quick and basic, but of course ended up taking me a couple of weeks and a lot of figuring out. She's bigger then most I make, about 18 inches tall. It was only at the fundraiser when she was claimed by her raffle winner that I realized I didn't want to give her up to a randomly chosen stranger. Luckily he turned out to be a respectable fellow who assures me she's being well looked after.

She stirred up some interest in my doll making work from a whole new culture. Plans in motion to make more rollerdollies like her.

2 comments:

Mo'a said...

Well done!!! She is fabulous and you are amazing.....I look forward to seeing many more.

Linda S. Wingerter said...

Thank you Mo'a! Now if I can just make more... ODACT ladies, I need your super powers!