Friday, December 15, 2006

hand: 12-14-06

This is my hand today, 2 days after the last cast was off and the pins taken out. The pinky and the whole palm are still bruised, but the swelling is down immensely. The holes from where the pins were sticking out are healing, but the massive scar tissue under the stitches hurts.

I've had three physical therapy sessions since Wednesday, and am working the hand myself every 2 hours. It hurts and kind of sucks, but it's already way better then wednesday when I couldn't move any of it.

A video from yesterday. This is me making my best fist, and my best straight hand. The middle finger is the one thats healing. The others are just sprained and atrophied from 3 weeks of a cast. My wrist has limited movement still too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that really is great progress for just a few days. you will be able to hang christmas ornaments
me

Anonymous said...

Holy crap, Linda...you are an illustrator's nightmare come true. I hope this resolves as quickly as possible...you're a tough chick, I bet it will!

Linda S. Wingerter said...

yeah, i know :(