Monday, April 30, 2007

the Tropicana

On Thursday we return to the Tropicana showroom.







The large portion of the stage which is the load in elevator takes us up from the basement












and onto the stage, which turns out to be the second largest in the country





with a house of a couple thousand seats.








The Tropicana crew quickly begins to put our set together.





I work on setting up the dressing rooms and repairing costumes.







The mountain of dancers' tights.









I repair the rubber butt costume for Floyd, the plumber who is not "crack- free".




Upstairs on stage the set goes together in just a few hours. Projected illustrations are by our friend Tony Baloney.







The cast hurries for a last run through of the show. Matt, the musical arranger, keyboardist, and "Floyd".







Karl "the Crack-Free Handyman" naturally strikes the title pose even when he's stressing out.










I have to pull cables on stage right, I watch the show on the backstage monitors. It goes off terrifically.


We are all relieved when it's over. I celebrate by watching the sunset from a comfy bed in the hotel room. Then I sleep for 12 hours.

4 comments:

monogirl said...

Wow, with this blog post it's like I was there. Thanks for taking good care of my costumes. :)

Anonymous said...

what is the picture just before the sunset?

me

Bad Art Night said...

Yes, they are Eliza Bs costumes! Though I did not get good pictures of them.

That picture is of a couple of the many backstage TV monitors. The stage is so big, being backstage was half a mile away from the actors onstage, you could only watch with the TVs.

Anonymous said...

Christ! My art is gonna flood Atlantic City. I got four art festivals I'm doing in NJ! Save me a couple of program guides! Wish I could have seen the show...