Thursday, May 29, 2008

gold

On Tuesday my friends took me on a night drift through New Haven for my birthday. We were all stopped short by the window of Artspace radiating a gold glow into the darkness of Crown Street.


I was tired and distracted and might not have looked more carefully, but my fascinated friends lingered long enough for me to notice the San Marco Annunciation tucked high in the left corner. I've learned to always pay keen attention whenever that painting shows up.


And upon closer inspection of the window I found these gold scarabs,


and this gold dress,


gold shoes,


and my friends pointed out this dove was only one of 3 or 4 things not gold.



I love this window.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We should have thrown a brick at that window and stoled all of that GOLD! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!