Wednesday, June 23, 2010

around the edges


Yesterday I ran 6 of the wood paintings down to the Scion set up in front of Koffee. There was no place to hang them except for 2 lamp posts, and then they turned into true street art, which has been in my mind all the time I've been making them. Here is me, badly in need of a hair cut, a little bit rained on, still queazy from bad chicken, and tangled up in my Festival gear. But I like my new glasses, and am really happy about the paintings being out in the world. They are there again today from 11-7.

And if this wasn't enough, tomorrow our third annual Polly Sonic's Fiery Circus is at the Ideat Village fringe festival in Pitkin Plaza at 9pm, with 7 fire performers this year. Plus, a Dr. Sketchy's session with a dozen models and roving street performers encouraging everyone to draw. Pictures below of me, Pam Terror and Nicholas Ridiculous from last year by Mike Franzman, JoAnne Wilcox and Meg Fama.








No comments: