Thursday, June 02, 2011

Articulate Hand NYC

The show about hands created and performed by the remarkable Andrew Dawson is coming to the NYC World Science Festival on June 3rd. The stories of people with hand disabilities are performed to their recorded interviews. I shudder to hear my silly voice, but the performance he does with it is marvelous. Tomorrow I'll finally get to see it in person and be on the talk back panel which also includes the guy who does hand transplants!

I met Andrew when I was his driver during last year's International Festival of Arts & Ideas. He was one of the nicest artists I've ever chauffeured in my 5 years there, and his unusual one man performances are stunning. Everyone should go see this tomorrow at Galapogos Art Space in Dumbo. Find tickets through www.worldsciencefestival.com.

No comments: