Wednesday, January 08, 2014

a drawing a day

I find myself going without drawing for too long when freelance work leans towards theater, but drawing is the foundation for everything I do. So might as well take a daily dose of it like a vitamin. 5-10 minutes for these for now-- no need for pressure, and speed forces a giving up of preciousness (which I could also use some practice in). 

The first week was thoughts from Istanbul in December, mostly done with my non-dominant left hand to bring back the good old days



Vague memories of patterns from the infinite patterned tiles of the Topkapi Harem.



Organized birds, stumpy trees.



I'm in love with the Hagia Sophia.



Patterns everywhere.



Cold.



The Blue Mosque.



The 700 year old or so seraphim in the dome of the Hagia, recently uncovered. 
(and my new old Frye boots my mum finally let me have!)


1 comment:

Aryeh said...

Love the loose sketches