Friday, October 21, 2005

our town

A view from my porch of a news truck in our troubled neighborhood, through the plants and Tibetan prayer flags I always keep here.

This morning I gave an interview with News Channel 8 about the massive police raid in my neighborhood last night. My street was blocked at both ends, I walked home through a sea of police, ambulances and DEA.

Our house is directly opposite the entrance of an infamous dead end street. I've never felt in any physical danger here, and I know many of these people personally. But now my downstairs tenant is shaken from hearing gun shots, which is one thing we've never had before. The news crew told me it was the police shooting my next door neighbor's dog 5 times in their living room while the kids were in the house.

No comments: