Saturday, October 14, 2006

battle scars

My skates after 7 months of roller derby. Holes in the toes, shot ankle straps, and the boot is so stretched out I break new laces every night trying to tighten them up. One replaced truck, and the third set of wheels and toe stops.

Thanks to Bob Johnson of WPKN who had me (or Polly rather) and Tony Baloney on his radio show today to promote Tony's NEST event, where I'll be serving hors d'oeuvres on skates with some of my teamates on November 11. Talking about how much we train reminded me how long it's been and how far I've come. I'm not just tougher, I can also speak on the radio now with some amount of intelligence and calm articulation. Pretty good for this farm girl.

My skates their first day out of the box back in March.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the hype Polly! Be prepared to come back to WPKN that day before the show! You did a great job!!! I'll burn you the CD of our interview!

Linda S. Wingerter said...

Thank *you* Tony. It was so much fun! I'm glad I didn't find anyone else to do it. :P Can't wait for the 11th.